Trying to be a Light unto the world. <body>
My Infection
Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It was last week when I realised that what I thought was a pimple was actually an infection(something abscess). It hurt whenever I sat down. Basically whenever pressure was applied to the infection, it would hurt. I think you would know where the infection was at...

Anyway, last Thursday my Mum and I went to a GP and he told us that I would have to go to A&E to get the infection removed that night and that taking medication would not work as eventually I would still have to get it removed through surgery. What a news to receive on my birthday... So the next day, we went to A&E at CGH and after a check-up, the doctor called her senior doctor and he too said that I should get it removed that day if not it could get worse. Although antibiotics could help remedy the infection, it had a very low chance of doing so. So my parents and I decided that I went for the surgery that day.

We got the ward, I went in and got myself comfortable on the comfy bed. Some doctors came in to further check my infection. So everything was set, I was going to get the surgery done and all that day. We considered the consequences of doing the surgery- it would be uncomfortable for me to sit and do the ss paper on Monday and it would be hard to even study for it. Moreover, it would take about one month for the wound to completely recover after the surgery. But we decided that we might as well get it done once and for all. "how bad can it be?" I though to myself.

Not long later, the doctor came in and told me that the operating theatre they needed to use was unavailable as they had two life-threatening cases lined up. Thus, I would only be able to get the surgery done either late that afternoon, night, or maybe even the next day although it was just a short few minutes surgery. So we discussed again and decided to wait till next Monday as it would take a long time for the pain wound after the surgery to subside, not in time for my paper on Monday at least. The doctor gave me an appointment on the following Tuesday(today) to see him. However, he said that if the infection did not get better or became worse, I should go on Monday. In the meantime, he gave me some antibiotics, swelling and other pills to try and remedy the infection. So I was checked out of the hospital that day. I felt God remind me of a verse in Exodus where he said "I am the God that heals you". I also felt that this whole course of my infection getting cured is a purification process which I asked Him to take me on the previous Saturday during service and cell.

On Saturday, I got my awesome cell to pray for me :D I also prayed everyday of course. After praying for healing I felt that it was important to not just pray for healing, but complete healing. Being specific counts? I dunno but I just did what I felt I should have done.

So the progress of the medication was:
Friday- NIL
Saturday- NIL
Sunday- reduced in size
Monday- reduced in size

So today, my parents and I went to CGH for the appointment with that same doctor. Mingled feelings I felt... He checked the infection and said "looks like the gamble(of taking the medication at the risk of it failing and the infection worsening) paid off!" He gave me a few more antibiotics to take till Friday and said that I shouldn't need to go for the surgery. So now I'm just praying that by Friday everything settles. =]

Through this whole course, I felt God's peace. I really thank Him that I don't have to go for the surgery. Because if I did, my holidays, my post-O level holiday to be precise, I would not be able to enjoy O: But at least now I can, knowing that the medication worked. It was a struggle preparing for the SS paper on Monday because of the difficulties sitting down I had, but I thank God for bringing me through it. The infection is small now and it no longer hurts. Another verse I held close to me through this whole course and through the O levels is Joshua 1:8-9 "8.Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. 9.Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

God is truly a God who heals =] What we see and what we hear? Cannot determine what God is doing in our lives=]




"You are the light of the world. let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14,16

profile =]|
Ryan Chew
4th Nov 1994
Trying to be a Light unto the world...

Enjoys|
Music
Fellowship
Chilling Out
etc.

Spoken For|




Links|
Group Blogs!
Our New Music
Tampines Cell!!! =D
SuperLife Blog
SuperLife Worship And Music Blog
Revolutionary Road Blog
Music 4 Christ
Life Tone
2E5


Family!
Joan Chew
Noah


Church Friends!
Renee
Debra
Carissa
Jayna
Wei Xiang
Joshua Sho
Ian
Jianmin
Kele


T&P!
Eileen
David
Joy
Tammy
Hannah
Matthew
Magdalene
Samuel Do


Levites!
Kenneth
Ben Lee
Naomi
Gernaine
Danielle
Pi Ying
Abby
Persis
Benton
Amberlie
Chee Yann
Natalie


Cell!
Edrea
Jillian
Yi Ren
Mun Ho
Vanessa
Corn
Marie


Friends!
Victoria
Huan Ting
Shermaine
Fazrina
Sidney
Rebecca
Faris
Jean
Xue Qing

Sometime Ago =]|
Take One Step Towards God and He Will A Thousand ...
Back to the essentials
Expressing hope through my actions
I never thought about how I write on my blog. But ...
Road
People
9 March 10'
Dad, Are You Free Now?
Like a roaring lion that has come to kill, steal a...
A week of showing love to the people around me and...



My Lifesong =]|
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
December 2010


Credits|
Designer| dreamchas-er
Basecodes|god<3jo